Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Rick Rack and New Sewing Machines

I got a new sewing machine yesterday. Hooray! Isn't it pretty? I ran to my favorite place ever, Piper's, to get a pattern for an apron I've been dying to try. (When I was at the register and the cashier saw my last name, she said "Do you know Edna? She comes in here all the time and we love her!")
The apron is slowly coming along.
I got this sweet material for 39 cents a yard. Isn't the rick rack darling? I seriously think rick rack is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'd put it on sliced bread if I could.
This is a quilt I've been working on for years. I am hoping that by admitting it has taken me years, I'll try harder to finish it. It is all done by hand and it takes FOREVER.

6 comments:

AllisonK said...

Cute Apron Jane!
I love Pipers too!

Anonymous said...

Jane,
i like the apron as well.

Michelle said...

It's Michelle's apron and sewing machine. Michelle's! Michelle's! Michelle's!

Anonymous said...

so who is making the apron Michelle or Jane? I still think it is cool.

Adam said...

I got that it was yours Michelle. I can't wait to see the quilt when it's finished! SO ADORABLE!

Unknown said...

Great job Michelle. I love both the machine and apron.