Thursday, October 4, 2007

An Evening With Andy

We had a fun opening exhibit of Warhol prints at the museum (Utah Museum of Fine Arts) tonight. We had an Andy Warhol impersonator come and mingle with the members. He seemed to be a big hit but he was kind of a perv and wouldn't stop touching people.I think he got drunk on all the free wine the museum provided because he reeked of alcohol.

I am really enjoying this internship and have been offered a job for the spring but we'll see what happens. For now, you should go to the UMFA and check out the prints, they are pretty cool!

3 comments:

katie said...

What a fun night. Wish I could go and check it out.

Adam said...

How funny! What a great experience to be able to intern there! I would love to do that! How many hours a week are you there? What exactly do you do? You should definitely take the job.

Michelle said...

Andrea-
I work with the membership coordinator. We try and get people to become members. I must be doing a good job because I got Hiram to donate a fair amount. Now you and Adam, as well as the rest of the family, are members of the UMFA and also the NARM (North American Reciprocal Museums). This means you can get into the UMFA free as well as another 200 museums on the NARM list. I will send you a list and also your cards when we get them. There are some museums back east that you and Adam should check out with your cards.
It is a lot if fun and I would love to keep working there but I plan on moving far, far away sometime soon. I haven't decided yet but I need to get out of here!