Sunday, November 4, 2007

Happy Birthday Zach!

After. This pictures deserves a story, right? It all begins with Zach.
If you're family, or knew us when we were living in St. George, we are sure you can't forget when three year old Zach loved Barbies. He would never put them down. His brothers tried relentlessly to persuade him that Barbies were for girls. They even purchased him a "Ken" Barbie in hopes that his fascination with the "pretty hair" of the Barbies would soon fade. The Ken Barbie didn't last long and we soon found him stuck down a sewer pipe after our basement flooded with sewage. He really liked his girl Barbies.

As Zach got older, the fascination dwindled, at the delight of his brothers. Every year since, as a celebratory act, Andrew has purchased Zach a Barbie for his birthday. This isn't an ordinary Barbie, this Barbie was bought with the sole intention of being burned.
This is the before shot.

The Tools

Well, you've seen how the story ends.

Zach had his 14th birthday yesterday. We've had fun celebrating it all weekend. We asked everyone around the house why they love Zach (it was too late to call you, Adam and Andrea, but we invite you to leave your love in the comment section)

Hiram: "I love that Zach loves animals"
Jane: "I love that Zach is very loving and tender"
Michelle: "I love that his hair sometimes looks like a helmet."
Andrew: "The way he laughs and the way his face lights up when he sees Trish (Andrew's girlfriend)"
Patrick: "Is this a trick question?"
Nick: "Zach's always mean to me"

There you have it, Zach. We love you!

As a good night story, we leave you the following:
Last week the Special Needs Mutual performed for our ward in sacrament meeting. It was so sweet. Michelle was especially excited to see some old kids she has worked with. Zach was asked to be the Bishop's Messenger that day and was sitting on the stand with the Bishop. Afterwards, in the foyer, a sweet older woman came up to Zach and said "I am Robbie's grandma and I just wanted to tell you what a great job you did performing up there!"
We always knew there was something special about Zach.
We love you Zach, happy birthday!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love Zach because he is taking care of my fish and aquarium. Everything is still alive aren't they???

Vanessa and Rebecca said...

I love Zach because these stories made me laugh harder than I have in a while. :-)

Adam said...

I love Zach because we're Geography buddies, because he writes me very nice letters and because we understand each other.

Adam said...

Sorry we couldn't be there to celebrate! We love you tons Krystie!

Adam said...

I love Zach for his inquisitive mind. I also love him for his brand-new deep(er) voice.

Anonymous said...

ummm adam my voice isnt any deeper over the past 2 or 3 months you have been gone when you called me i had a cold

Anonymous said...

Zach,

You will always be my special cousin...

Mandi said...

That's funny! I totally remember him loving barbies. My nephew went through the same thing and asked for a barbie for Christmas when he was 4. He even thought his name was Kyle Barbie Baker (Bybee is what it really was):) Little kids crack me up.

Anonymous said...

Zach i am glad that u lost the barbies. you would have gotten beat up. you still have your hair feeling OCD but it is ok... anyways it made us laugh. love halie and sarah